June 23, 2009

But what about sex?

Woke this morning thinking about love and lust and all those things that make the world go 'round and the birds sing their throats out in my backyard. And got to chuckling about what the MS clinic had to say about it all. I told them that I was lacking sensation, and that as a young 50 gal, this was leading me to some frustration...
So, here was their suggestion. "Some people find that if they put a bag of frozen peas on the area for a few minutes beforehand (as it were), the sensation gets better..."
OMG. So, so here you are, in amongst the awkwardness of dating sex, where you are trying to undress without revealing too many stretch marks or that unwise tattoo or the fungal toenail or whatever body imperfection is playing with your head that day (I remember obsessing for a week about my short toes, for example), AND you are trying to get socks off without bending into an unattractive pretzel, all the while trying to keep the sexual tension high because let's face it, over 50 guys need that....
And now you are supposed to excuse yourself for a minute, race to the freezer, and put frozen food on your groin, all while "maintaining the moment"?
The mind boggles.

Hmm. Maybe Cool Whip.....

1 comment:

Sheila said...

You crack me UP! I had that "problem" once - lasted a while too - and started ON MY HONEYMOON!! G-d has a very sick sense of humor but then again so do you and I.

I hope you're having a good day way up North.

xoxo