June 12, 2012

How exciting the brain...

I always was fascinated by the brain. I remember in grade 12 Biology, I dissected a fetal pig. The day I cut into the head I felt such reverence. Already I was totally awed by how well-arranged the body was internally, but the brain, even the fetal pig brain, was so humbling.
It seems oddly appropriate that the disease I got is all about the brain. It would be so boring to have a sore leg or something. Instead I get to wallow is the multiple glories of a magnificent system going awry.
"It is the most mysterious part of the human body, and yet it dominates how we live our adult lives"
TED remix about the brain

2 comments:

Judy said...

That is so cool! Thanks.

Diane J Standiford said...

Me too. Is MS my brain's revENGE? See, I can't even type without my goofy left hand flapping on keyboard. Ugh FYI--the last "prove you are not a robot test was a dirty word" And *I* accused of possibly being a robot? Humpfgh