January 31, 2011

Party, recovery, party, recovery

google.stb.csi.stTbn()
If only they were balanced!
This weekend I was lucky enough to have my favourite sister and her friend come to visit Ottawa - they arrived on Friday night and left Sunday morning. On Saturday, we were wildly busy - dawdled over breakfast, heading down for a skate on the canal (and I could skate, except for that left hip flexor action...) - they went far, I went for a goodly bit. The canal was glorious and the weather cool, not cold. It was a perfect skating day. Then we came home, walked the dog, saw a movie, ate good pizza.
It was glorious fun.
After they left on Sunday, I fell onto the sofa and slept from 11-5.  I woke up briefly, took the dog out for a pee, came back, in bed by 10, slept til 9:30 this morning and am ready to sleep now at noon. It will probably take me a week to get over that one day, as my feet ache with unexpressed spasms, my eyes twitch, my body hall surfs from one side to the other.
It was all so worth it, but I would wish for quicker recovery.
I live online, ordering things for delivery, since I know that walking around in a shopping centre exhausts me. And this despite exercise daily. And gallons of high test coffee and tea.
Sleep, wonderful sleep, beckons....

No comments: