May 5, 2009

Planning, with a wee bit of nervousness

I'm planning a trip. Yes, it's madness. I will have no money, don't know if my health can stand it, am traveling with someone I don't know all that well. We're camping, which virtually guarantees rain and clouds of biting insects. But we are heading to my beloved Maritimes, he is a comfortable companion, and it is a measure of hope for me to take this risk.
I don't know if I'll remain well. I don't know if this will throw me back for weeks. I don't know how I'll do, sleeping on the ground for weeks, traveling, cooking on a campstove.
I do know that the ocean is calling me - it has been for months. I do know that my companion will look out for me. And a little rain never hurt anyone...
Fingers crossed but heart wide open....

No comments: